CanSkate Learn-to-Skate Programs
Whether your child wants to be a figure skater, a hockey player or a recreational skater, strong skating skills are essential. The Skate Canada skating programs provide a solid foundation in skating fundamentals.
CanSkate (Monday & Fridays 6:45-7:30pm)
- A learn-to-skate program for skaters of all ages through to completion of CanSkate Level 6
- Participants earn badges and incentives while learning the fundamentals of skating in a safe and fun environment
- Instruction is provided in a group setting by professional coaches along with carefully trained program assistants
- Twice weekly, each CanSkate group will receive a 10 minute warm-up, two 10 minute lessons with professional coaches, and 15 minutes of circuits and game time with program assistants
Bridging (Mondays 6:15-6:45pm)
- Bridging is for CanSkaters working on Levels 5 & 6 who are interested in continuing beyond CanSkate to learn Figure Skating skills. Bridging is a "bridge" between the CanSkate and STARSkate programs! This is an add-on program to CanSkate, and consists of one 30-minute session per week during StarSkate ice time.